Acronis #CyberFit Summit – Dubai
COVID-19 Protocol – Entry to Dubai
Please verify if you need a visa to enter Dubai by using this interactive form.
Travelers who are coming from, have visited, or have transferred through the following countries within the last 14 days are not allowed to enter Dubai: Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia, or Zimbabwe.
Travelers from all other countries excluding those listed above:
- Travelers arriving in Dubai must present printed proof of a negative COVID-19 RT PCR test taken no more than 72 hours prior to departure.
- Vaccinated passengers from France, Germany, Spain, Switzerland and the United Arab Emirates can use their vaccination certificate instead of test if they were vaccinated in France, Germany, Spain, Switzerland or the United Arab Emirates.
- Travelers arriving in Dubai from the following countries will be required to take another COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival at Dubai International Airport and remain in your hotel or residence until the test result is received:
Afghanistan, Angola, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Brazil, Cambodia, Chile, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, India, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Liberia, Morocco, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Romania, Rwanda, Russia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Somaliland, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Travelers from the high-risk countries of Bangladesh, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Uganda, and Vietnam:
- Travelers from the high-risk countries listed above must receive GDRFAor ICA approval before travel (click links for details)
- Travelers from the high-risk countries listed above must present printed proof of a negative COVID‑19 PCR test issued within 48 hours prior to arrival from an approved health facility. The certificate must contain a QR code.
- Travelers from the high-risk countries listed above must present printed proof of a negative result (with a QR code) of a rapid PCR test conducted at the departure airport within six hours before departure.
- Travelers from the high-risk countries listed above must take another COVID‑19 PCR test on arrival at Dubai International airport and remain in their hotel or residence until the test result is received.
All travelers are encouraged to download the COVID19-DXB Smart App for up to date statistics on COVID-19 in the UAE (iOS, Android).
Please direct any travel questions to the Government Relations team: [email protected].
I’m traveling back: return policy
Daily update about the situation with borders.
- The USA: all travellers (even vaccinated) are required to show a negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than 1 day before flight to the US. Source.
- France: all travellers (even vaccinated from the green zone) are required to show a negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than 48 hours before arrival to France from December 4. Source.
- Switzerland has announced important changes in the entry rules from December 4: quarantine isn’t more required for any country, but all travellers (even vaccinated) should take first PCR test before travel (validity isn’t mentioned, but previously it was 72 hours) and a second test (PCR or antigen) on 4-7 day. Some internal rules were also tightened, for example, the validity of antigen test for COVID certificate was decreased to 24 hours. Press release.
- Germany has renewed their lists. Now Switzerland is considered a high-risk country. All travellers from Switzerland to Germany must fill the entry form. Non-vaccinated travellers must take a PCR or antigen test (48 hours before arrival) and quarantine for 10 days. Vaccinated travellers are exempted from quarantine. Full entry rules.
- Full entry ban to Israel. Non-Israeli citizens are not allowed to enter Israel unless they have a special entry permit from the Exceptions Committee.
- UK: all travellers (even vaccinated) are required to show a negative COVID-19 test result (LFD or PCR) taken no more than 48 hours before flight from December 7. Source.
- Germany, Italy have no updates on entry rules. They have the ban only for African countries.
Onsite COVID Protocols – W Dubai – The Palm, Dubai, UAE
Acronis is committed to creating a safe and energizing event that will allow us to effectively meet with our partners in-person in Dubai. With that goal in mind, we would like to share with you the following guidelines we are putting into place to ensure a safe and successful Acronis #CyberFit Summit in Dubai.
- All attendees, speakers, sponsors, and Acronis staff will be required to wear a mask covering the nose and mouth while at the event, even if you are vaccinated. Penalties can be levied by the government authorities for those who are non-compliant.
- Physical distancing measures will be in place at all Summit venues.
- We will check the temperature of every person prior to entry at the Acronis event space and will conduct random spot checks throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event space, and we are implementing enhanced cleaning protocols of each room every day.
- If you are not yet vaccinated, we encourage you to get vaccinated prior to attending the event. Ideally, you would have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose two weeks prior to the event start date.
- Additionally, prior to the event, if you come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or if you feel ill, we encourage you to contact your doctor, stay home, and participate in the virtual event experience.
We hope these guidelines provide you with the information you need to plan for the Acronis #CyberFit Summit Dubai. We look forward to working together to Lead the Way in Cyber Protection.